Golden Kaleidoscope: Crop Tops and Stripes.

Crop Tops and Stripes.

 
 
 I Wear What I Want.
 

 



Hey guys! I just got back from the best vacation ever. Chicago was such  just what I needed. I ate and drank way to much. If you ever get the opportunity to go to Chicago go there!! You won't regret it.






Yes I'm wearing stripes again, lol. My obsession won't go away.  A few months ago someone commented on a photo of mine, stating that plus size women shouldn't wear stripes, because it made them look wider. Plus size women are constantly told what they can't wear, from crop tops to stripes.  I find myself buying those things I'm encouraged I stay away from. If you tell me not to do something I'm going to do it.  It's an instant reaction.




 
 
 
 
 










 Let's talk about this shirt from Flaws of Couture. Talk about making a statement! As soon as I saw this shirt I had to have it.

I love being a black woman. I appreciate and take great pride in the culture and history of my people.  Being black and plus size wasn't always the easiest.  Being discriminated against for being both made life difficult in many situations. There were many times growing up I wish I could've woken up in a different body or lighter skin color. That life would be a little easier if I just fit the worlds standard of beauty. As an adult , I'm so proud of who I am. I love the color of my skin.


Top- Here
Skirt-Here
Shoes-Here
Bag-Sold Out



 Thanks for reading! Thank you Kym for taking these killer photos!

9 comments:

  1. great post, I love the outfit! the skirt is amazing :)

    - www.angelavissers.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are absolutely beautiful. I'm glad you enjoyed you vacay. You are killing that outfit too. As they say, hind sight is 20/20. As a kid you couldn't appreciate your differences and who you were at that particular time, but look at you now. It's because of who you are and how God made you that the world and folks like me appreciate you. You are outchea slayin in these streets in an unapologetic manner and I love it hunti! Do it boo😘

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is amazing! I love the message behind the crop top and I love how you combined it with a striped and bodycon skirt! YES, show the world what plussize women can rock!
    cookieschaosncestlavie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice outfit. I love the strips and the shirt is fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello 👋! You posted this outfit on Instagram last week with another of you in a black/white striped pencil skirt. I hoped to see details on where you bought it but alas I cannot see it. Any help? I am in lust with the skirt! Much love from London, UK

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello 👋! You posted this outfit on Instagram last week with another of you in a black/white striped pencil skirt. I hoped to see details on where you bought it but alas I cannot see it. Any help? I am in lust with the skirt! Much love from London, UK

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello 👋! You posted this outfit on Instagram last week with another of you in a black/white striped pencil skirt. I hoped to see details on where you bought it but alas I cannot see it. Any help? I am in lust with the skirt! Much love from London, UK

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it Essie! So well said. Keep shining boo!

    Much love,
    Tiff

    ReplyDelete